TERMS & EXPLANATIONS:
Decoration: Custom Screen Printing, Embroidery, Vinyl Application, Digital Transfers, Dye Sublimation
Organizations: Businesses, Non-Profits, School Districts, Universities
Carriers: UPS, FedEX, USPS
Business days and hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
Custom Screen Printing | Embroidery | Heat Transfer Vinyl | Banner Printing | Promotional Products
All orders must be placed on a unified Purchase Order, Electronic Purchase Order or through the contract website. Broken or incomplete orders will not be accepted through multiple emails.
- A Purchase Order is considered the final order placement. No changes will be accepted once a Purchase order has been submitted. If changes are needed to a submitted Purchase Order the order will be cancelled and rescheduled once the updated Purchase Order is submitted.
- Purchase orders MUST be complete and accurate per provided price sheets or prior quoted information.
- Purchase orders that are not complete will be rejected and must be resubmitted with correct information.
- To be considered complete and ready for scheduling the following MUST be included with the Purchase Order. Any missing information will create a delay in your order:
- PO Number/Job Name
- In-Hands Date (make sure to add transit time to production timeline).
- Ship Blind
- Garments Provided or Sourced
- Decoration Method
- Billing/Shipping Address
- UPS Shipper number (if order is being shipped)
- Garment Style, Color and Sizes
- Print pricing based on price sheets
- Ink color(s)
- Print ready artwork
- Incorrect pricing on a Purchase Order will be adjusted at invoicing and must be approved before the job is scheduled for production.
- Items not listed on our website must be quoted prior to order and must be included on the final Purchase Order.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm (business days only) will be considered DAY 1 in the order timeline.
- Orders received after 12:00 pm or outside of business hours will have the following business day marked as DAY 1 in the order timeline.
- Delays in production or delivery due to inaccurate or missing information or inbound/outbound shipping will not be the fault of 10:9 Design LLC.
- To place an order through the website for Provided Garments, use item number “Dropship” and complete your order as usual. The associated fee with this item will be discounted to $0 during the checkout process.
- Orders placed on the website that need a White under-base will see a price adjustment made on final invoice per print location. Printing on dark garments requires White as a print color. If artwork does not have White as a color, then it still must be printed to base all other colors. This added color will be billed at invoicing.
- To place an order on the website for Client Provided Garments, use item number “Dropship” and complete your order as usual. The associated fee with this item will be discounted to $0 during the checkout process.
- There 2 options for Garments with Textile Decoration.
- Client provided: This gives you exact cost and ultimately lowers your product cost.
- Direct Drop-Ship
- Client Delivered
- 10:9 Design LLC Provided: All garments sourced by 10:9 Design LLC will have a cost added to account for QC, Counting, Staging, and Spoilage margins.
- WHOLESALE DEFECTS: 10:9 Design LLC is a Textile DECORATOR. We do not produce the garments that are used in printing. We utilize the services of wholesalers to obtain goods for decoration. Garments with defects that are caught will be reported to the client or appropriate vendor before printing occurs. However, if wholesale defects are overlooked we will not be held responsible. Wholesale defects include but are not limited to the following:
- Holes in garments
- Un-hemmed seams
- Crooked Seams
- Color variations
- Color anomalies in Heather/Antiqued garments
- Stains not related to screen printing or embroidery
- Direct Drop-Ship
- Client Delivered
- Please see policies on QUALITY CONTROL/SPOILAGE for a full description on how we handle issues in printing as well as garment cost sharing.
GENERAL ARTWORK POLICIES
- Basic Proofs from Print Ready Artwork: Free
- Digitizing 4×4: $25.00
- Digitizing Large Format: $30.00 & up
- Tweaks to Print Ready Artwork: $25.00 (must provide AI or PS file and fonts used in design)
- Graphic Design Services: $35.00/hour with a minimum of 2 hours billed.
- Illustration/Hand Drawn Services: $50.00/hour with a minimum of 2 hours billed.
- Make Ready: $25.00-$50.00 Artwork that has gradients or requires halftone printing will be required to go through Make Ready. Spot process/Simulated Spot Process pricing grids already have this included in pricing grid.
- Contract clients must provide Print Ready Artwork to avoid artwork fees.
- All artwork must be received with the completed Purchase Order.
- High resolution PNG or SVG files must be used on Web Orders.
- We do not print copyrighted material. Make sure your artwork is your own. A signed statement of release for copyright infringement is required from all contract clients. Any accounts caught submitting copyrighted artwork will be reviewed and could be revoked at our discretion.
- Allow 1-3 business days for proofs on Standard Production Orders
- Allow 24 hours for proofs on Rush Orders
- Orders will be proofed and printed EXACTLY AS THEY ARE SUBMITTED. You are responsible for any errors in your provided artwork. 10:9 Design LLC will not be responsible for any of the following in regards to provided artwork:misprints from your provided artwork. This includes but is not limited to:
- Copyright Infringement – DON’T DO THIS
- Spelling errors
- Centering issues
- Distressing elements
- All print sizes are industry standard. Artwork should be submitted at 300ppi AT PRINT SIZE. See artwork guidelines for exact specifications.
Please note that production timelines do not include shipping transit times. Production is the amount of time it takes us to procure your order, send proofs, stage, print and make ready for shipping. Transit times are in addition to production times.
- Digital vs. Tangible: Computer monitors display colors differently. If exact colors are required, then Pantone codes must be provided and will be noted on proofs. Without Pantone codes, we will not be held responsible for color discrepancies between on-screen colors and finished product colors.
- Garment Colors
- Garment colors can vary greatly across styles and brands. Navy in 1 brand will not be the exact same color as Navy in another brand. 10:9 Design LLC will not be held responsible for shade variations when printing on different brands within the same order.
- Certain brands, such as Comfort Colors, may see a wide variance in shades even in the same order. This is due to the garment dye process and should be considered completely normal. 10:9 Design LLC will not warranty against color discrepancies in these styles of garments.
- Printing the same design on multiple garment colors can yield variations in final print colors. 10:9 Design LLC will not be held responsible for color variations that occur when printing on multiple garment colors, even if a Pantone code is provided.
- Decoration Methods: Colors from different decorating methods will most likely have shade variations. ie. Screen printing ink and vinyl colors are produced by different manufacturers and will not match exactly. We do our best to match as closely as possible but certain color characteristics, especially in primary colors, do not tint well for achieving different shades.
- Screen Printing Ink Colors
- STOCK COLORS: No Charge
- To avoid custom ink fees please use a stock color both in designing and printing. All other colors will be subject to a custom ink mixing fee.
- 10:9 Design LLC has identified 46 of the most popular colors and have labeled them as STOCK COLORS. Ask us for a color sheet and we will provide one in your next order free of charge
- Colors must be selected as STOCK or CUSTOM on the Purchase Order or Web Order. If a stock color isn’t selected, then we will assume that you want a custom color and we will bill accordingly.
- CUSTOM INK COLORS: $10.00/Color
- Custom ink colors must be mixed according to specific formulas. Formulas are based on a system called PANTONE. Orders that require exact colors must be placed with appropriate Pantone Codes.
- Pantone mixed ink is only 100% accurate in the mixing container. Final color may have slight color variations based on garment type, color and white ink under base. 100% accuracy on the garment is not possible in screen printing.
- Embroidery Thread
- Due to the high number of color options with slight shade variations, no color “Names” will be accepted. All embroidery orders must be accompanied by an Isacord thread color code.
- Thread color guides can be purchased online or through 10:9 Design LLC for $25.00 each.
- Foil orders will be printed as noted on the Purchase Order regardless of perceived foil color. If you have a question about final appearance, please ask prior to placing your order.
- Foil books can be ordered with a 3-4-week lead time for $35.00.
- Custom foil colors will be ordered as needed but require additional production time.
- All artwork must be created and submitted in CMYK.
- For colors to be exact Process Pantone Codes from CMYK are required.
- Spot color Pantone codes will not be 100% accurate.
- Colors will display differently on various materials ie: Mesh material vs Banner material.
- Promotional Items
- Process Printing Orders require all artwork to be done in CMYK.
- Spot Colors require Pantone Codes.
- Standard Production: 6-8 business days
- Rush Production: 4-5 business days with a 15% upcharge (minimum of $50.00)
- Super Rush Production: 2-3 business days with a 25% upcharge (minimum of $100.00)
- Standard Production: 5-7 business days
- Rush Production: 4-5 business days with a 15% upcharge
- Super Rush Production: 1-3 business days with a 25% upcharge
- Standard Production: 7-10 business days
- Rush Production: 25% upcharge and only available upon approval.
- Timelines are based on manufacturer lead times. 10:9 Design LLC does not control nor, can we adjust these turn-times.
- Rush services only available on certain products.
- Rush services must be requested at order submission.
- Rush orders are only accepted when production capabilities permit.
- Once and order is placed it can not be upgraded to rush status.
- Rush orders are 100% deadline driven. 10:9 Design LLC will not be held responsible for artwork, printing, or garment defects of any kind on Rush orders.
- Contract clients must provide UPS Shipper Account number for outbound shipping.
- Blind drop-shipping is available BUT MUST BE REQUESTED ON THE PURCHASE ORDER or WEB ORDER.
- We do not offer shipping on bulk orders through FedEX or USPS.
- Expedited shipping, if needed, must be noted on the Purchase Order or Web Order.
- Local deliveries will be charged a $10.00 delivery fee.
- Rush services must be requested at order submission.
- Rush orders are only accepted when production capabilities permit.
- Expedited shipping is available to help meet deadlines. It is our responsibility to get your order to the carrier by their deadline. Once a Rush order leaves our hands, we will not be responsible for transit delays or added cost of expedited shipping.
- ALL ORDERS MUST BE PAID FOR UPON COMPLETION.
- PICKUP, DELIVERY OR SHIPMENT WILL NOT OCCUR UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- 10:9 Design LLC will extend Net15 or Net30 terms upon prior approval.
- Late fees will be added to any outstanding invoice the day after it is due and will accrue at $10.00 per billing cycle
- Invoices not paid in full within 90 days will be sent to collections.
- One late payment will result in suspension of Net Terms and require payment before order is delivered.
General Payment Policies: 10:9 Design LLC accepts Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and all payment options that are offered through PayPal. There will be a $35.00 fee accessed on all returned checks.
New Local Clients: A minimum 60% down payment will be required before services begin or garments are ordered with remainder due immediately upon delivery.
Repeat Local Clients: 10:9 Design LLC will process and print your order with no money upfront. Client must have a good payment history with no returned checks or charge reversals. Full payment is due before garments will be delivered.
Organizations: 10:9 Design LLC can extend Net15 and Net30 terms to certain organizations. Prior approval must be given and 10:9 Design LLC must have a copy of all applicable business licenses, tax forms and accounts payable contact information on file. Accounts that extend beyond Net15 or Net30 deadlines will be subject to a 5% late fee and cancellation of all Net terms.
Online, eBay and Out of Town Clients: Full upfront payment required before any services begin or garments are ordered.
Wholesale and Drop-ship Clients: Full upfront payment before any garments are ordered.
- 10:9 Design LLC ships to the Continental United States only. Carrier is determined based on weight, shipping cost, and transit times.
- All orders placed on regular business days before 12:00pm Central Standard Time are processed the same day.
- Wholesale, blank garment and drop-ship orders require 3 business days for handling.
- Screen printing orders generally ship within 7-10 business days.
- Expedited shipping is available but must be discussed before an order is placed. Once an order is placed and a deadline is agreed upon, clients cannot upgrade to rush printing or expedited shipping. If a deadline is missed due to 10:9 Design LLC error, appropriate expedited services will be covered by 10:9 Design LLC in an effort to meet client deadline.
- Transit times posted by carriers are estimates and 10:9 Design LLC will not be held liable for shipments that arrive outside of posted delivery dates. 10:9 Design LLC will not be held responsible for packages that arrive late due to carrier accidents or transit delays due to weather or any other issues. Client will release all liability from 10:9 Design LLC for missed deadlines because of shipping issues. Client must file a claim with the carrier to seek any retribution.
- 10:9 Design LLC and its suppliers will ship blind when possible upon request.
- Tracking numbers will be provided to client on all shipments.
- Decoration Orders
- Order Total $0-$100: $10.00
- Order Total $101-$200: $15.00
- Order Total $201-$300: $20.00
- Order Total Over $300: Based on weight and package dimensions
- Wholesale, Drop-Ship, and General Blank Garment Orders
- $0-$199: Based on weight and package dimensions
- Over $200: Free Ground Shipping*
*Most wholesale blank garment orders that are in excess of $200 are drop-shipped directly from suppliers with free ground shipping. Some suppliers do not offer free shipping. 10:9 Design LLC will communicate shipping fees upfront as part of the estimate process so client is aware of any and all shipping fees.Return to Top
RETURNS/WARRANTY:It is important to understand that the custom decoration process is exactly that…CUSTOM. While we do our very best to insure perfection on every single order, there are instances where the finished product does not meet client expectations for one reason or another. Processes like screen printing and embroidery are greatly effected by the items that are being decorated. The outcome of a finished product can be greatly effected by things such as material make up, material density, complexity of decoration, crooked seams, etc. 10:9 Design LLC will warranty items that are inside of our in-house process. If there is a blatant error caused by the decoration process then we stand behind both garment and decoration. However, please remember that we are printers and embroiderers. We do not manufacture the actual items being decorated. While we source these items and take partial responsibility for their quality, we can only go so far as to cover costs incurred in procurement of these items. Issues like small holes at seams or seams coming un-sewn may not be covered under damage claims and we will inspect any issues that arise with this in mind. Because this is such a vast industry we simply can not have a black and white answer for every instance that may arise, which is why we reserve the right to determine the proper solution on any given issue. Please read and fully understand every statement below. We will refer to these policies when dealing with Damage Claims.
- Due to the nature of custom orders, we do not issue full refunds. If the issue is found to be our error, we will either issue a partial refund to cover the issue at hand or do a complete reprint.
- All orders received from 10:9 Design LLC must be inspected within 3 business days of receipt. If there is an issue with an order and the client fails to notify 10:9 Design LLC within 3 business days receipt, no action to correct the problem will be taken.
- All spelling errors on artwork are your responsibility. We send proofs for final approval before going into production. If we receive a Final Approval with spelling errors we will take no action on a claim.
- All items must be returned for inspection before any action will be taken. Buyer is responsible for all shipping on returns.
- 10:9 Design LLC will not be responsible for garment color variations across different styles or brands.
- No warranty/returns/reprints will be granted for garments/items provided by the client.
- Defective garments (crooked seams, torn seams, etc). Partial garment to cover cost of garment may be given.
- Crooked prints must be off by more than 1/4″. All shirts that appear to be crooked must be inspected on a body. Please try on any garments that appears crooked before filing a claim. We will take measurements upon return to determine how far off or crooked a print may be.
- Correct laundering of custom items is very important for longevity. We can generally tell if items have gone through a severe laundering process and will void any claims for replacement.
- Damage claims will not cover the following items:
- Color discrepancies in artwork if exact Pantone Codes were not provided.
- Client provided garments.
- If we advise against a certain process and then asked to produce anyways.
- Rush & Super Rush orders regardless of the issue.
RETURN/WARRANTY PROCEDURES: If you have an issue with an order that was received by 10:9 Design LLC, the following procedures must be followed.
Fill out DAMAGE CLAIM FORM. All damage claims will not be accepted without this form being filled out.
Return all items to our location. 10:9 Design LLC will not make a final determination of Damage Claim until all items are in our posession regardless of any deadlines that the client may have.
Once we have BOTH the DAMAGE CLAIM FORM and RETURNED ITEMS we will inspect your items to determine what, if anything, will be done.
We will contact you to let you know the outcome of our review.
- The timeline on custom screen printing varies and is dependent on several factors.
- Communication between client and 10:9 Design LLC
- Availability of garments
- Current work load.
- To insure timely communication please do the following:
- It is the goal of 10:9 Design LLC to have all custom screen printing orders completed in 6-10 business days. The following timeline is a good indication of what client can expect.
- STEP 1: Client places order on 10-9design.com and submits artwork ideas.
- STEP 2: 10:9 Design LLC submits an invoice for payment based on client classification.
- STEP 3: Upon receiving payment garments are pulled and design work begins.
- STEP 4: 10:9 Design LLC will submit proofs to client within 3 business days.
- STEP 5: Upon client approval garments are printed and packaged for shipping within 5 business days.
- 10:9 Design LLC will not go to press without artwork approval from the client.
Orders that are due in client’s hands in fewer than 5 business days are considered rush orders.
- 10:9 Design LLC can generally get orders out in as few as 2 days depending on current work load.
- Fees for rush orders start at $50.00 plus expedited shipping fees.
- Client must clearly communicate a deadline before the order is paid for. Once an order is invoiced and paid for it cannot be upgraded to a rush order.
- 10:9 Design LLC does not warranty or guarantee rush orders against printing defects, garment defects or deadlines.
- Rush orders are deadline driven which means we will print the order, regardless of proof approval, in order to make the clients deadline. Mistakes in client artwork WILL NOT be the responsibility of 10:9 Design LLC